This page is currently under construction.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an American adult animated science fiction sitcom created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon based on the fictional ninja team the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. for Nickelodeon's late-night programming block Nick At Nite. set to premiere on July 17, 2020, Ahead of the series premiere, the series was renewed for a second season and third season.
When four pet turtles were bathed in ooze, they began to mutate and became the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Raised in New York City sewers by their foster father and martial-arts Master Splinter, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael as try to live a normal American life while as long trying to save New York each night from The Foot, led by their arch-rival, The Shredder.
Cast and characters
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/The Main Characters
- Leonardo (voiced by Seth Green) - Leonardo, called "Leo" for short, is an enthusiastic ninjutsu student, who wears a blue mask, and fights with two swords called Niten Ryu. He leads the various missions of the Turtles, TBA.
- Donatello (voiced by Justin Roiland) – Donatello, called "Donnie" for short, is in charge of the design and manufacture of all of the tools and weapons in the Turtles' arsenal. He is also a gifted hacker. He wears a purple mask and fights with a bō which also can be converted to a naginata via a blade inside one end of the staff, TBA.
- Raphael (voiced by Billy West) – Raphael, also called "Raph", wears a red mask and fights with two sai. Known for his rage, he commonly takes it out on Mikey, and on occasions Leo, due to their feud. He acts as the muscles of the Turtles' attacks, TBA.
- Michelangelo (voiced by Justin Roiland) – Michelangelo, known as "Mikey", is the least mature of the turtles and is a lover of video games, skateboarding, pranks and pizza. He wears an orange mask and fights with two nunchaku which also can be converted into kusarigama via a blade inside of one of the sticks of each nunchaku and extra lengths of chain stored in the other. He brings a brighter mood than his brother towards the team, TBA.
The supporting cast/Allies and friends
- Master Splinter (voiced by Hoon Lee) - Splinter is the mutant rat leader of the entire family, and adoptive father of the Turtles. He once was a pet for a renowned martial artist named Hamato Yoshi in Japan. It was from watching Yoshi that Splinter first learned the art of ninjitsu which he then passes on to the Turtles. Splinter often acts as much as a spiritual guide and counselor to the team as he does their teacher
- April O'Neil (voiced by Spencer Grammer) – A redheaded TV reporter from Channel 6 News who discovers the Turtles' home in the sewers and befriends the TMNT. She is frequently kidnapped by Shredder and other villains, usually as bait to lure the Turtles out of hiding, TBA.
- Irma (voiced by Jennifer Darling) – Channel 6's clumsy, dating-obsessed secretary. She is a friend of April who later also befriends the TMNT. Following the destruction of the Channel 6 Building in season 8, Irma is slowly phased out of the show.
- Casey Jones (voiced by Keith Ferguson) – A violent, impulsive, and overzealous street-fighting vigilante who is friends with the Ninja Turtles. He fights using sports equipment and wears a hockey mask.
- Burne Thompson (voiced by Chris Parnell) – April's stubborn and irascible boss at Channel 6 News, and the occasional human antagonist of the Turtles. Like J. Jonah Jameson, he wrongfully believed the Turtles were a menace and encouraged April to expose them since he usually had to pay for the damages caused by the Turtles' battles. His hatred for the TMNT intensified following the destruction of the Channel 6 building by Shredder
- Vernon Fenwick (voiced by Ben Schwartz) – April's cameraman, rival news reporter, TBA
- Leatherhead (voiced by John DiMaggio) – An American alligator that was mutated by the Kraang after the parents of his owner flushed him down the toilet.
- Oroku Saki/The Shredder (voiced by Mr. Lawrence) - – The nemesis of the Turtles and Master Splinter. He is usually the main villain in other media, but in this series Shredder always, against his will, has to take orders from Krang, although their relationship evolves over time into more of an equal partnership (with Shredder even risking his life to save Krang on numerous occasions). His real name is Oroku Saki, a member of the Foot Clan in Japan and a student of Hamato Yoshi/Splinter. Saki was jealous of Yoshi's leadership within the Clan and sought to usurp him. During the course of the series the Shredder is first revealed to be the killer of Splinter's former master Hamato Yoshi, TBA
- Foot Clan (all voiced by Tom Kenny) - The Foot Clan is an evil ninja organization, TBA.
- Rocksteady (voiced by Rodger Bumpass) – Rocksteady is one of Shredder's incompetent, oafish henchmen. Originally a Caucasian male member of an unnamed street gang, Rocksteady was exposed to the mutagen after coming into contact with a black rhinoceros that was stolen from the zoo, transforming him into a humanoid black rhinoceros. Like Bebop, he is extremely unintelligent (although he is shown on multiple occasions to be slightly more intelligent than Bebop) and serves as a comic relief for most of the series.
- Bebop (voiced by Dee B. Baker)) – Bebop is an African-American male with a mohawk, sunglasses, and a nose ring who, along with Rocksteady, is one of Shredder's henchmen. Prior to meeting Shredder, he belonged to the same street gang as Rocksteady. As part of Shredder and Krang's experiment, he was transformed into a humanoid common warthog after being exposed to the mutagen and a common warthog that was stolen from the zoo.
- Krang (voiced by Kevin McDonald) – An extremely intelligent, disembodied brain from Dimension X who commands the Technodrome. Like Shredder, he aspires to conquer the Earth, although he does not share Shredder's obsessive hatred of the Turtles and Splinter (instead viewing them as more of an annoyance/obstacle), preferring instead to focus on world conquest. He funds and helps plan most of Shredder's schemes, TBA.
- Rat King (voiced by Dave Foley) – Rat King is a homeless man living in a dilapidated portion of the New York City sewer system, not too far from the Turtles and Splinter. In episodes featuring him, the Rat King would often enact some sort of plot to establish his own rat-controlled government and bring human rule to an end, believing that rats (which he counted himself as) were superior to all other species,
Season 1 (2020-2021)
|No. overall||Title||Original air date||Description|
|1||"The Pilot"||July 17, 2020||On the 15-year-old Turtles' very first trip to the surface, they witness April O'Neil and her psychologist father's, Kirby, abduction by the sinister Kraang. Very taken with April, Donnie convinces the others that it is their sworn duty to rescue her and her father.|
|2||"Lawnmower Metalhead"||July 24, 2020||TBA|
|3||"Headhunter Tuttles"||July 31, 2020|
|4||"Michael Shredder!"||August 7, 2020|
|5||"The Inconveniencing"||August 14, 2020|
|6||"It Came From the Depths"||August 21, 2020|
|7||"A Turtle Named Desire"||August 31, 2020|
|8||"The Short Movie"||September 18, 2020|
|9||"Sense and Sexibility"||September 25, 2020|
|10||"Cockroach Terminator"||October 2, 2020|
|11||"North By North New York"||October 9, 2020|
|12||"Rat King"||October 16, 2020|
|13||"New York Pinkeye"||October 25, 2020|
|14||"The Pig and the Rhino"||November 6, 2020|
|15||"Anatomy Park"||November 13, 2020|
|16||"Free-Hat"||December 4, 2020|
|17||"It's A Christmas In New York"||December 11, 2020|
The series was first hinted in a Twitter post by Justin Roiland on February 24, 2019, and was officially announced on March 2, 2019.
On March 2, 2019, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2020) was announced as a new re-imagining of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise and was to be an adult-sitcom version of the franchise confirmed that Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon (the creators of Rick & Morty) would be working on the series as creators and producers
The series logotype was revealed to the public in mid-October 2019, On November 2, 2019, Krusty Krab Productions announced the new voice actor cast for the main characters on the turtles' side. On February 1, 2019, major main-characters art designs were announced and revealed by Krusty Krab Productions
Animation and voice recording
Animation for the show is done using Toon Boom Harmony, post-production work is done in Adobe After Effects, and background art is done in Adobe Photoshop. Production of animation is handled by Bardel Entertainment in Vancouver, Canada, and Games Animation Inc Emeryville, California, U.S.
Roiland's cartooning style is heavily indebted to Rick & Morty, The Simpsons, with the animation being a mix of the 1987 and 2012 series but in hand-drawn form and The Rick and Morty style, TBA
The first teaser for the series will be set for release on June 5, 2020.