SpongeBob's Funhouse is an American-Canadian-Irish computer-animated interactive educational children's television series created by Clay Hillenburg for Noggin.
The show is based on The Sponge and the Star shorts from the Gametoons franchise, and is produced by United Plankton Pictures, 9 Story Media Group's Brown Bag Films, Paramount Television Animation, and Games Animation Inc.
The show focuses on SpongeBob and his friends interacting with the primarily preschool-aged audience to stimulate problem solving. Each episode involves the characters helping its viewers to solve a specific age-appropriate problem utilizing basic skills, such as identifying shapes and counting through ten.
Characters and voice cast
The voice cast reprise their roles from SpongeBob SquarePants.
- SpongeBob SquarePants (voiced by Tom Kenny) - a yellow anthropomorphic sea sponge who is loud, fun-loving, goofy, and optimistic employed as a fry cook at a fast-food restaurant called the Krusty Krab, TBA.
- Patrick Star (voiced by Bill Fagerbakke) - An pink starfish who lives under a rock, TBA
- Squidward Tentacles (voiced by Rodger Bumpass) - SpongeBob and Patrick's short-tempered octopus neighbor, TBA
- Mr. Eugene Krabs (voiced by Clancy Brown) - a red crab who owns and operates the Krusty Krab restaurant where SpongeBob and Squidward work on, TBA
- Sandy Cheeks - (voiced by Carolyn Lawrence) is a squirrel from Texas who lives in an air-filled glass dome and wears a diving suit to breathe underwater Whenever any aquatic creatures enter her home, they must wear helmets of water. Sandy works as a scientist, explorer, and inventor, TBA
- Sheldon Plankton (voiced by Mr. Lawrence) - A villainous microscopic organism, TBA.
The show received mixed-to-positive reviews from critics. TBA.
In 2018, Stephen Hillenburg came up with the idea of an educational SpongeBob SquarePants show.
The show is animated in-house by Games Animation Inc. in Burbank, California and by Brown Bag Films in Dublin, Ireland.