Sonic the Hedgehog is an American-Canadian animated television sitcom co-created by Bloo J, Seth MacFarlane, and Mike Judge for Nick at Nite and The Bloo DeTour. It is based on the video game franchise of the same name.
Like The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Futurama, and Rick and Morty, Sonic the Hedgehog was designed specifically for mature audiences, featuring comical (sometimes bloody) violence, adult humor including coarse language (some swears are censored, though uncensored on DVD), running gags and pop culture references.
The show is produced by Paramount Television Animation, Sega of America, Judgemental Films, Where's Lunch, Klasky-Csupo, Fuzzy Door Productions, NX, Games Animation Inc, and Krusty Krab Productions.
Planet Mobius has some new defenders: Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles. The four save the world from Dr. Eggman, Scratch, Grounder, and the other villains, while also trying to live a normal life at the same time.
Characters and voice cast
These are the characters who commonly appear in the show.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (voiced by Jaleel White) - A speedy blue hedgehog, as well as the main protagonist of the show.
- Tails The Fox (voiced by Tara Strong) - TBA
- Knuckles the Echidna (voiced by TBA) - TBA
- Amy Rose (voiced by TBA) - TBA
The supporting cast
These are characters whose appearances are more prominent than cameos.
The side/minor characters
These characters are generally flat, stereotypical and usually not of central importance to the plot.
These are the villains of the show
- Dr. Eggman (voiced by TBA) - The main antagonist of the show.
- Scratch (voiced by TBA) - TBA
- Grounder (voiced by TBA) - TBA
Main article: List of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes
In 2002, there were plans for a film, following the success of the series.
However, due to Games Animation already made a Sonic Movie Series, The Crew was invited to work on the rest of the film trilogy.
- Nick@Nite (1996-present)
- The Bloo DeTour (1996-present)
- Comedy Central (1996-present)
- MTV (1996-present)
- MTV2 (2000-2017)
- Adult Swim (2004-present)
- CBS (2002-2013)
- Teletoon (1997-present)
- YTV (1996-2000)
- Global (1998-present)
- The Comedy Channel (2010-present)
- NHK (1997-present)
- TV Asahi (2000-present)
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (1998-present)
- TVNZ 2 (1998-present)
United Kingdom and Ireland
- Sky One (1996-present)
- Paramount Comedy 1 (2003-2009)
- Comedy Central (2009-present)
- MTV (1998-present)
- 5Star (2017)
Most episodes are rated TV-14-DLV (some episodes with a TV-PG-LV rating), with syndicated reruns of some episodes on Adult Swim and Comedy Central rated TV-MA. In the UK, earlier seasons were rated 12, but as the seasons went up, so did the adult humor, so later seasons are rated 15. It is rated PG and M in Australia.