Paramount Kids is both an American Saturday morning children's television block and basic cable and satellite channel, with the block version of the channel airing on CBS, having premiered on September 2nd, 2018, with the channel launching eight months after the block premiered. The block and channel air mainly programming from Paramount Animation, Games Animation Inc., Nickelodeon, and The Bloo. However, it also acquired some non-Viacom shows, so the network won't air strictly Viacom shows.
In June 2017, Viacom teamed up with select companies to launch a new block for CBS. After several discussions, the channel announced the intent to launch Paramount Kids, a block running from 6am to 11am on Saturday mornings. Immediately, Paramount Kids was announced and born. On New Year's Eve, the logo of Paramount Kids was revealed in CBS' Facebook account.
In April 2018, the first promo for the block aired on TV and was posted on YouTube with thousands and thousands of likes. The next month, both Paramount Television Animation and Games Animation Inc. had plans to create original series for the block. In addition, other companies including studios outside of the USA would also produce original series for Paramount Kids while also creating it for their own countries.
In August of the same year, a month before the block premiere, the full starting line-up for the block was confirmed. The next month, the block finally premiered.
Launch of the block
On September 2nd, 2018, the Paramount Kids block premiered on CBS. TBA.
Launch of the channel
Due to positive reviews, successful views and heavy fan demand, Paramount Kids was confirmed to get its own 24/7 channel operated by Viacom as a sister channel to Nickelodeon, which launched on Easter 2019.
The launch sequence takes place in an office, where SpongeBob, June Bailey, and Benny the Bilby are discussing about who will launch the channel. The camera then pans over to an animated version of Vincent Waller (voiced by himself) drawing the ghosts of Games and William Anderson, coming thereafter to life, launching the channel.
The mascot for Paramount Kids are the ghosts of Games and William Anderson (voiced by TBA and TBA). They primarily announce the upcoming cartoons, host the blocks, and host special events as well.
The secondary mascots are SpongeBob SquarePants, June Bailey, and Benny the Bilby. This was confirmed during the launch sequence of the Paramount Kids channel.
- Paramount Kids Jr. - A children's television programming block on Paramount Kids dedicated to preschool programming.
- Paramount Pictures (family films only)
- Paramount Animation (select films only)
- Paramount Television Animation
- Games Animation Inc.
- Sega of America
- Andrews McFeel Publishing
- Corus Entertainment
- France Télévisions
- BBC Worldwide
- MGM Holdings
- Paws, Inc.
- Saban Brands
- Portfolio Entertainment
- BKN International
- Studio Deen
- BVS Entertainment
- Toei Animation
- Marathon Animation
- Porchlight Entertainment
- TMS Entertainment
- El Trece
- Paka Paka
- Canal 13
- Ánima Estudios
- Zumbastico Studios
- Splash Entertainment
- American Greetings
- Ruby-Spears Productions
- Film Roman
- Scholastic Entertainment
- Fred Wolf Films
- Group TAC
- Cake Entertainment
- The Lego Group
- 4Kids Entertainment
Note that most of the shows are rated TV-Y7 (and TV-Y7-FV), but there are a few shows that are rated TV-PG (select Nickelodeon shows and films only).
- TV-Y (preschool shows)
- TV-Y7 (and TV-Y7-FV, most shows)
- TV-PG (some Nickelodeon shows and theatrical films)
- "There's no place like Paramount Kids!" (general slogan)
- "Laughing gas in cartoon form!" (comedy programming)
- "Fuel up!" (action programming)
The block version received favorable reviews from critics. It was praised for its line-up, look and design, while the channel version received critical acclaim.
- The Bloo
- When airing on CBS, the logo reads "Paramount Kids on CBS".
- The bumpers for Paramount Kids are made by Rainmaker Entertainment in Vancouver.
- The original production logo for Paramount Kids is made by Golden Wolf in London.
- It is the first children's Saturday morning cartoon block since the now-defunct NBC Kids.
- After the success of the block, this has started a renaissance of Saturday morning kids blocks.
- The Paramount Television Animation closing logo has been modified after the launch of the channel. While it retains the 2015 logo, SpongeBob now appears walking next to the logo.