Kamp Koral is an American-Canadian educational stop-motion animated children's television series created by Stephen Hillenburg and Jim Jinkins. The series is based on the 1957 Sponge and the Star short "Summer Kamping". it premiered on January 13, 2002 as a sneak peek on Noggin during the pre-teens and teenagers era, and on April 1, 2002 as a TV series during the preschool era as well on Nick Jr. that same day.
It features younger versions of the main characters from the original show. SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Sandy are campers; Mrs. Puff and Mr. Krabs are camp counselors; Pearl is a baby; Plankton and Karen are camp chefs; and Gary is a formerly-stray snail who becomes SpongeBob's pet.
The show is set at a summer sleepaway camp called Camp Coral, located in the Kelp Forest. SpongeBob is a ten-year-old camper who wears a red cap. Mr. Krabs is the camp director, and he stays in a cabin with his baby daughter Pearl. Other campers include SpongeBob's friends Patrick, Sandy, and Squidward. Mrs. Puff is a camp counselor who keeps an eye on the kids. Plankton and Karen are the chefs of the camp. The gang spends the summer catching jellyfish, building camp-fires, and swimming in a goo lake called Lake Yuckymuck.
Characters and voice cast
The voice cast reprise their roles from SpongeBob SquarePants.
- SpongeBob SquarePants (voiced by Tom Kenny) - A yellow anthropomorphic sea sponge, TBA
- Patrick Star (voiced by Bill Fagerbakke) - A pink starfish who, TBA
- Squidward Tentacles (voiced by Rodger Bumpass) - TBA
- Mr. Eugene Krabs (voiced by Clancy Brown) - TBA
- Sandy Cheeks (voiced by Carolyn Lawrence) - TBA
- Sheldon Plankton (voiced by Doug Lawrence) - A villainous microscopic organism, TBA.
- Karen Plankton (voiced by Jill Talley)-TBA
- Gary the Snail (voiced by Tom Kenny)-TBA
- Mrs. Puff (voiced by Mary Jo Catlett)-TBA
- Pearl Krabs (voiced by Lori Alan)-TBA
- Nobby and Narlene (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui and Kate Higgins respectively)-TBA
|Episode No.||Title||Release Date||Plot||Rating|
|1||The Jellyfish Kid||January 13, 2002 (sneak peek)
|2||Cabin of Curiosities||2002||TV-Y|
Kamp Koral! mostly positive reviews, TBA
They states that he helped create the idea for Kamp Koral. In October 1999, On their "second or third day" at Noggin, they "was asked to go to a SpongeBob season 2 or 3 pickup meeting" and "asked a lot of questions." This made him realize that SpongeBob had "basically stayed the same" and inspired him and others together to come up with ideas for spin-off shows and new characters. In June 2000, Kamp Koral was greenlit and commenced production the same month.
For the 2001-02 Nickelodeon slate, it was confirmed that SpongeBob and his friends would have the same voice actors as the original series. Carlos Alazraqui and Kate Higgins will also voice two new characters: Nobby and Narlene, who are twin narwhals. On January 13, 2002, a six-minute sneak peek of "The Jellyfish Kid" was shown.
- The pilot will be it's last show for the pre-teens and teenagers era in 2002.