|Pardon Our Dust!
This idea will be planned to be overhauled as it is slowly undergoing an overhaul! for for your future idea enjoyment
Shrek is an 2021 American fantasy adventure buddy musical comedy film directed by Chris Columbus, Andrew Adamson and Jon Favreau.
The film serves as a reimagining of the 2001 film of the same name and is distributed by Paramount Pictures.
The film will be released in the United States in both theaters and Paramount+, and in international markets on Netflix on October 22, 2021.
The film received generally mixed reviews from critics but favorable reviews from fans who praised the action sequences, performances, direction, visual effects and faithfulness to the original animated film but criticized the runtime and its excessive similarities to the original, The film has grossed over $365 million worldwide on a production budget of $200 million
The film stars an ensemble cast of Jack Black, James Corden, Kristen Dunst, and Jim Carrey.
Once upon a time, in a faraway swamp, there lived an ogre named Shrek whose precious solitude is suddenly shattered by an invasion of annoying fairy tale characters. They were all banished from their kingdom Far Far Away by the evil Lord Farquaad, Rumpelstiltskin, Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming. Determined to save their home, Shrek who traves with Donkey, Pinocchio, The There Pigs and The Big Bad Wolf to Far Far Away at a Disneyland parody amusement park called "Duloc". Shrek cuts a deal with Farquaad and sets out to rescue Princess Fiona.
In a vast castle of grandeur set in the heart of Far Far Away, Fiona was born, but she had a curse that made her an ogre at night, they later told both The Fairy Godmother and she told them to lock the princess in the tower, so she can have a kiss from Prince Charming to break the curse, come to kiss her, and be free from that curse, and elsewhere, the Fairytale Kingdom was taken over by Lord Farquaad and Rumpelstiltskin to built Duloc near Far Far Away, elsewhere two ogre parents send their 18-year-old son, Shrek out of their house and into the world to make his living. They warn him that because of his looks, he will be shunned by the world, and an angry mob will be the last thing he will see before he dies. Some years later, an embittered, grown-up Shrek is living contentedly alone in a swamp, loving his solitude there and scaring away angry mobs who try to kill him.
- Jack Black as Shrek, a cynical, and grumpy ogre who lives in a swamp by himself.
- James Corden as Donkey, TBA
- Kirsten Dunst as Princess Fiona, TBA
- Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots, TBA
- Jim Carrey as Lord Farquaad, TBA
- Walt Dohrn as Rumpelstiltskin, Lord Farquaad's partner, TBA
- Jennifer Saunders as Fairy Godmother
- TBA as Prince Charming
- Sean Maguire as "Monsieur" Robin Hood
- Conrad Vernon as Gingerbread Man
- TBA as Geppetto
- TBA, TBA, and TBA as The Three Little Pigs
- TBA as Pinocchio
- TBA as Three Blind Mice
- TBA as Thelonius
- TBA as Big Bad Wolf
- TBA as Captain of the Guards
- TBA as The Mad Hatter
- TBA as Old Woman, Donkey's ex-owner.
- TBA as Duloc Mascot, a man dressed in a suit that looks like Lord Farquaad.
- TBA as Peter Pan
- TBA as King Harold
- TBA as Queen Lillian
DreamWorks expressed interest in a live-action adaptation of the 2001 animated film Shrek starring international star TBA, and TBA with either TBA or TBA chosen as the director.
On May 2018, Deadline Hollywood reported that Paramount and DreamWorks was in early development for a live-action adaptation of the film.
On November 6, 2018, it was reported by Variety that Chris Meledandri had been tasked to be the executive producer for Shrek, with the cast of the previous films potentially returning. TBA was rumored to direct the live-action remake of Shrek, but he either turned down or was busy with another project.
In August 2018, it was announced that Chris Columbus, Andrew Adamson and Jon Favreau signed on to direct the film. TBD is writing the script, and is planned to be released on May 14, 2021.
Principal photography was scheduled to begin on February 16, 2020, with some filming done at Pinewood Studios, London, United Kingdom, Scotland in the United Kingdom and in Cornwall, South West England that same year in February 2020, filming at the studios would include the Albert R. Broccoli 007 Stage, where large sets were assembled an exterior set at Pinewood Studios depicted some of the sets were leaked and being built/constructed such as Duloc, Far Far Away, Fiona and Dragon's Castle/Tower and Shrek's Swamp at Pinewood Studios (set area). Other filming locations would include the TBA, TBA, TBA and TBA.
Filming concluded on November 6, 2020, after nearly 6 months of shooting.
On March 13, 2020, production was put on hiatus as a safety precaution due to the COVID-19 pandemic until early July 2020 due to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic. Following the delay, the filmmakers saved time by doing post-production work on the footage that was already shot.
One month later, Paramount moved the film's release date to October 22, 2021, after that date became available due to coronavirus-related delays.
In June 2020, it was announced that The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run took up Shrek's release date and then on October 27, 2020, was taken up by Rumble (2021) causing TBD to be released on July 9, 2021.
Paramount eventually confirmed that filming would resume in July 2020, at Pinewood Studios. Paramount planned to spend approximately $10 million on various safety protocols, filming and production resumed on July 4, 2020, TBA.
The visual effects and composting will be handled by Industrial Light & Magic, with additional work provided by Pacific Data Images.
Shrek is scheduled to be theatrically released by Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks Pictures in the United States on October 21, 2021. It was originally scheduled to be released on May 14, 2021, but was pushed back due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Cultural references and easter eggs
Trivia/Differences from the original film
- The Three Pigs, Pinocchio and The Big Bad Wolf have a larger role in the remake and go with Shrek to rescue Princess Fiona from the Dragon's tower.
- Unlike the first movie in the original franchise, this will include major elements from the second movie as well.
- For example from Shrek 2: A gigantic gingerbread man named Mongo in TBA, TBA, TBA, and TBA.
- Some characters from Shrek 2 are in the remake like Puss in Boots, Mongo, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming, King Harold and Queen Lillian are in the remake.
- From Shrek 3 TBA, TBA, and TBA.
- Princess Fiona's transformation resembles more of a werewolf transformation.
- TBA, TBA, TBA and TBA are reimagined as TBA.
- TBA is shown living on TBA bunker, being his pet and best friend.
- A few new characters are added to the remake.
- Contrary to audience opinions, TBA and TBA do appear in the 2021 remake, but they are reduced to a speaking cameo in two scenes in Lord Farquaad's castle, TBA.