"At the dawn of the new millennium, the planets aligned and villains were born." -Tagline
The Mega Babies is an upcoming hybrid live-action/computer-animated comedy-horror slasher film directed by the Farrelly brothers and written by TBA and TBA, loosely based on the short-lived 1999 series, Mega Babies, and also meant to be a parody of the show.
The movie will be produced by Screen Gems, 20th Century Studios, CinéGroupe, and Sony Wonder, in association with Blue Ice Pictures and Blumhouse Productions, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing in North America and The Walt Disney Motion Picture Group in international territories.
The film will be released in Premium Large Format Screens, 2D, 3D, RealD 3D, Dolby Cinema, and IMAX 3D.
The film stars Eric Bauza, Candi Milo, and Tom Kenny as the titular characters, alongside TBA.
The movie received mixed reviews with praise for the visual effects and creative deaths but was criticized for the formulaic plot.
Meg, Derrick, and Buck are infant robots powered by the DNA of real human corpses. When the entire solar system aligned itself, the babies and their nurse were struck by lightning. The babies were given super strength and other powers, and Nurse Lazlo's IQ rose. After a year of being on the air, the babies go haywire upon learning that their show is cancelled due to a negative reception, leading to them opening up a portal to the real world and starting a killing spree across the Earth.
The Mega Babies
- Eric Bauza As Derrick, a 2-year-old baby with the power of Snot Palooza. (motion-capture animated)
- Candi Milo As Meg, a 3-year-old baby with the power of Mega Fart. (motion-capture animated)
- Tom Kenny as Buck, a quirky 1-year-old baby with the power of Super Belch. (motion-capture animated)
- Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson, TBA (2-D Animated)
- Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson, TBA (2-D Animated)
- Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson, TBA (2-D Animated)
- Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson, TBA (2-D Animated)
- Keith Ferguson as Bloo,
- Janice Kawaye as Jenny Wakeman
- Trey Parker As Eric Cartman, one of the characters from South Park and the most foul-mouthed of the four boys.
- Trey Parker As Stan Marsh, one of the characters from South Park and the most tender and sensitive of the four boys.
- Matt Stone as Kyle Broflovski, one of the characters from South Park and, like Stan, is also tender and sensitive. He is also the most honest and loyal of the four boys.
- Matt Stone as Kenny McCormick, one of the characters from South Park who covers his face (except his eyes) with his orange hood and muffles through his hood when he speaks. He is the most sexually knowledgeable of the four boys, and also the most experienced one.
- Tom Kenny as SpongeBob SquarePants, TBA
- Bill Fagerbakle as Patrick Star, TBA
- Christian Tremblay and Yvon Tremblay as themselves, the creators of the Mega Babies series.
- TBA as Geoffrey Johnson, the writer of Mega Babies who get fired from taking any part of making the show, but is non-existent in real life. He then messes with the Mega Babies' AI and makes them evil. He is the main live-action villain of the movie.
- Sonja Ball and Laura Teasdale as themselves, the voices of the Mega Babies. Jaclyn Linetsky does not appear due to her death.
- Bloo J As Himself, he is the main live-action characters who try to help the Foster's Gang and The Simpsons
Development for a Mega Babies film began in February 2017, with an idea going into the horror genre. The team lined up Andy Muschietti, the Farrelly brothers, Todd Phillips, and Danishka Esterhazy as potential directors, and the Farrelly brothers then qualified for directors.
- This was the first time the Farrelly Brothers were involved in making a horror movie.
- Meg was the only one that turned good at the end. However, she was later defeated by Derrick.
- As the original show had a seizure-inducing color scheme, it has been desaturated for the purpose of this movie.
- This is part of the Teletoon/The Bloo deal where they would revive old Teletoon properties.
- The film was inspired by the likes of Child's Play (1988/2019), The Banana Splits Movie, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, and Monsters of the Deep (1962).
- Such As TBA
- The film takes place in the year 2000.
- The titular characters get redesigns in this movie. Unlike the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, where the first design of Sonic was considered bad, the redesigns are intentional.
- There are several fourth-wall breaks in this film.
- 24 minutes into the movie, Bloo J says "The Mega Babies are crying now. (24 minutes in), and it's already raping me."